Saturday, October 4, 2008

"Time of Eve"

Thanks to Jenelle, who introduced me to an anonymous browsing software, I was able to watch crunchyroll again, and came across something very interesting. It is an anime about androids called "Time of Eve". Take a look here. Only two episodes have been out, so it's too early to say anything, I guess, but so far it's really interesting.



Generally I don't particularly enjoy science fiction, but from the first minutes this show raises some interesting questions, such as, "is it ok to treat those who are made to serve us as servants, without considering their own situation?" It reminds me a lot of "Never Let Me Go" by Kazuo Ishiguro (a book I highly recommend). It also reminds me of what I am missing in my own writing—some fundamental moral questions. I am touching on some questions right now, but very superficially. Oh, and it also reminds me of "Nobuta o Produce" drama, which also brings up some very important questions (but I won't spoil it for you, go watch Nobuta yourself :D, you can find it here).

I am so nice, I put all the links in this post so everyone can join me in wasting their days away on Crunchyroll, MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. *Cough* I mean, um, improve their Japanese listening comprehension... That's what Crunchyroll is for, of course ;).

If you are in Japan, you won't be able to view crunchyroll videos, unless you install some anonymous browsing software, like this one (thank you, Jenelle ^ ^).

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't mind hotlinking an image from my server, but please do put a text link to my blog as well if you do so.

Katya said...

Sorry about that.
Here, the image came from this blog:
http://www.pireze.org/

Katya said...

And thank you :).