Sunday, November 16, 2008

CC

After a conversation with a friend where I had no idea whatsoever of what she was talking about (it was in Japanese too, mind you), I've been reading this Wiki article.

On a side note, I still can't quite believe how I manage to have these kinds of conversations. The brain is really quite a fascinating thing, thinking how to explain something or figure out what the person means when I don't have enough vocabulary or grammar is a lot of fun. It could of course be frustrating too, but most of the people I have met so far are very kind and take time to slow down, explain, or use simpler vocabulary, so when I talk one-on-one with people, I somehow manage to get my point across, and to understand more or less what they are saying. Of course, there are so many things I don't understand, but I have learned so much about learning a new language by being here.

No comments: