Thursday, November 20, 2008

Futon

Today I've decided to abandon my somewhat softer bed in the bedroom for a not so soft futon, all because I am too lazy to drag the bed into the living room where the air conditioner (also a heat unit) is. If today's plan of sleeping here in the living room is a success, I will be spending the rest of my fall and winter in one room. It's more comfortable anyway...

Before I couldn't really sleep comfortably here because I had a coffee table that took up a lot of space. Due to a very stupid thing I did the other day though, my coffee table is no more, so now I have extra room. Well, technically I still have the table, but its glass top is broken, so I just stuffed the whole thing into my closet. Looks like I'll be making a trip to the furniture store in the near future (as soon as I get payed), because life without a coffee/kitchen/dining table is not so good. I have a desk, sort of, but I don't want to use it for eating, and I also need somewhere to put my laptop (I haven't been using my closet office recently). Although, on the second thought, I wonder how long I can survive without a table. It would be an interesting experiment. The only time I really need it is when I have guests, and I have at least one person over a week (my friend who is taking private lessons from me). Well, theoretically, it all depends on how much the table is. If it's not more than 3000 yen ($30), sure I'll get one, but if it's more, maybe I'll do the table-less experiment, because I'd much rather spend the money on traveling or clothes, than on a table that I will have to leave behind anyway. Heh, there is one thing I would like to get actually, a kotatsu, but the thing is probably really expensive, so I won't be able to afford one for a while... Anyways, guess I'll see. For now it's a good thing that the table is gone, I have so much more room.

No comments: