Sunday, April 12, 2009

CRA

***ing CRA (Canadian Revenue Agency)... Pardon my French. I have to paper-mail my tax return because I did not reside in Canada on New Year's Eve. How ridiculous is this? Are we in the freaking 19th century? I knew they don't give a crap about wasting trees, paper, and people's time, but this is just very stupid in my opinion, given that the engine for submitting electronic tax returns exists. How much of these tax money will go to pay for someone to manually process these returns that come from overseas? Wouldn't it make more sense especially for non-residents to NETFILE their tax return? Beats me. And I am not even going to start on how slow CRA is at correcting their own mistakes.

If anyone knows a way around mailing this return, please share.

I have to sign the damn papers too, so I can't ask my parents to print and mail the thing for me. I guess I should be grateful they don't ask for my fingerprints and a mug shot...

(@_@)

1 comment:

Jeff said...

Gotta love government red tape