Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Passport

Wow, looks like I might be stuck doing paperwork all of this week and the next.

I have to get a physical (with an x-ray), a police check, and renew my passport (great...). All of this has to be done by April 24th. I am really not looking forward to the last bit, I have to go to Nagoya for that I think. I guess I need to call the consulate tomorrow, because it seems that I might need to follow the full application procedures (the simplified renewal process seems not to be applicable for people living abroad). Which means I need to have a guarantor. I have no idea how I am going to get that done in 10 days, from Japan. Japanese passport photo size is different too, so I have to go find a photo studio. But I guess for now I should wait for the reply from the Japanese consulate about my visa and passport questions. Maybe they'll tell me I can renew my passport next year? (Yeah, right, I think I will have to do that myself, and now).

I am happy I got in! でもさ、passport reapplicationはね、めんどくさい。めっちゃめんどくさい。It's still valid until July 2010... But I guess they won't be able to issue a visa it seems if my passport is not valid until September. Well, I'll have to do this sooner or later... so I'll be on the phone with the consulate in Nagoya tomorrow morning it seems.

No comments: