Wednesday, May 13, 2009

A Present

So I was on my way to the convenience store today to get a drink before I start teaching, and passed by the office next door. The two people that work there, a man and a woman, were outside, getting some groceries from the trunk of the car. I always say hi to both of them, and they always act very friendly, but we don't usually talk much, not even about the weather. Anyways, I said hi, as usual, and was about to get on my way as they stopped me, and handed me a bunch of bananas, saying "would you like some bananas?" I couldn't believe they were so kind to me just because I work next door, and it made me smile for the rest of the day.

I still can't get used to how people here sometimes just do kind things at random. My landlady, who supervised the gas workers in my apartment when I was away, left me a bunch of snacks and sweets on my kitchen table... The small grocery store owners where I stop by sometimes make tea for me just because I stay and chat for a bit with them...

Makes me want to put extra effort to be kind to other people too...

No comments: