Thursday, May 7, 2009


I can't believe that the vacation is almost over. Well, I guess there are still 3 days left, but I have many errands, and I'd like to study too, so the next few days will be busy.

I got so much rest though, it was great. It's been a while since I just relaxed for a whole day. This is what I did.
I came to my brother's house in Osaka on Sunday, walked around Nanba by myself, then we met up with him and Rie and had dinner at Tennoji, and after that we went to karaoke.
On Monday we went camping with these guys who live close to my brother's house. They were pretty cool people (although of course if my friends that I know well came instead, that would have been more fun, but hey). The camp site was up in the mountains, close to Yoshino in Nara, and it's absolutely gorgeous there. I really wanted to see the mountains, so it was great. I'll post pictures if I have time.
The first day we drove around a bit, and walked around a bit, saw an ancient tree and a beautiful shrine, and then went to an onsen. It was my first time to go to one, I liked it (although it was really hot so I had to take many breaks).
The next day it was raining, so we went to visit three caves. They weren't anything like the Crimean caves, but it was quite an adventure none the less, and we saw bats too (I don't think I've seen those in Crimean caves).
We also walked a lot along a river and in a forest, and even though it was raining, I enjoyed myself a lot.

My brother caught a cold from sleeping in the tent (and I think I did too), so he suggested we go back a day early, because the weather wasn't going to improve any time soon. It's colder up in the mountains, and it's not that hot even in Osaka right now, and I guess we didn't bring enough warm clothes. Anyways, there was a bus going to the train station, so we took that, and we got home in two hours, faster than when we drove there.

That night we went to sleep early, but I got to talk a lot to Rie about many interesting things. Hehe, it's been a while since the last girl-talk with her, so we were both glad my brother fell asleep right after dinner, muahahaha!

Yesterday we cooked both lunch and dinner, and made a puzzle, and watched TV, and took naps, and just rested.

Today we didn't do much either, except that Anton had to work. Now it's already 14:26, and Rie left for school (she has classes today). I was going to leave with her, but I was copying some music from Anton's computer, and it didn't finish on time. It's done now though, so I'll be leaving my brother's house shortly. I wonder what time I get to Toyohashi. I hope before 8, because I need to go to a dollar store and to a home store. Today and tomorrow I'll be cleaning my house and organizing my computer...

No comments: