Monday, January 12, 2009

Vacation: Part 1 (very brief)

Since it's already past bedtime, I will post an extremely short account of one of the most exciting adventures of my vacation.

Do you know whose free concert I went to last week (ending up in the first row, right in front of the stage too)?
Toshi from X-Japan. Yes, that's right, you read correctly. And if you know me well or have been following my blog, you will know how much this actually means to me. I still can't believe I was there. He is a legend, and so is X-Japan, and I didn't think it was possible for me to go to any of his concerts any time soon, all things considering, but thanks to a lot of luck and to my friend Jeff who really made it possible, I was there at the concert, and I also got Toshi's autograph. His voice is... hm... I don't really know how to describe it... but it really is astonishing, especially live. I haven't been following his recent work so I didn't know what to expect, and it was very different from the early X-Japan music, but I liked it a lot none the less.


I would really like to write more, but I should go to bed, because if I don't, I will be in a lot of trouble at work tomorrow.



(Image taken from this website.)

No comments: