Thursday, February 5, 2009

The Prime Minister

I had an interesting conversation this morning with my adult students about the current prime minister of Japan, Taro Aso. They wanted to know my opinion on his policies, but instead I had to ask them for theirs, because, I told them, I do not know enough yet about his cabinet to form an opinion. All I know is that he is very much disliked by most people that I've asked about him, so I wanted to know why. Of course, on my side I am trying to find information online about his cabinet (so far I found this interesting blog). On Sunday I am going to see some of my new friends, and if I have a chance I'll also ask them what they think. I will probably hold off posting what exactly my students said until I have more knowledge on the subject myself and have some informed opinions.

Anyways, I am writing this post to say, if any of you reading this have any good resources you can recommend, on the Japanese government or the LDP, in English, please tell me. And in the meantime, I will just turn to google, as I always have in the past.

No comments: