Thursday, March 12, 2009

Eraser

I had a craving to draw this evening, so after my private lesson finished at 10:30 I got all my pencils out and was just about to start, as I realized that my eraser is nowhere to be found.
Now, I have this really cool eraser that bends into different shapes, to make it easier to erase hard-to reach areas.
I saw it recently when cleaning up my desk, but I have no idea where it went since. I can't remember if I took it with me when I went to stay at my brother's in Osaka on New Year's. I should ask him if he ever found it.

Anyways, I couldn't find it, so I ended up going to a local convenience store... to discover that they have no erasers :'(. So in the end I bought a pencil that had an eraser on top of it. It's a regular HB pencil, but it's pretty good quality, and I could always use an extra pencil, so I guess it's ok.

I didn't finish my drawing because I am getting sleepy, but it was really fun to draw after such a long time. I wanted to use charcoal too, but I was drawing while sitting on my bed, and charcoals are messy, so some other time perhaps. Besides, I was sketching, not working on details. When I do shading, charcoal is better, but for now a regular pencil was enough.

Speaking of pencils and charcoals, I don't remember if I blogged about this, but the local bookstore, Seibunkan, has so many art supplies. I am not allowed to go there with money, it's too tempting to buy new brushes, pencils, clay, or paints. They even carry FIMO!

I should draw more often—it is so much fun, and so relaxing. It makes me feel the same as when practicing the piano, only you can draw any time, even at 5 in the morning, while I can't exactly go practice piano right now (although I wish I could).

No comments: